Romans Chapter 13
- IN the beginning-not before, because there is no "before", not after, and not "around the time"
- In THE, not the first beginning, one of the beginnings, not a beginning
- In the BEGINNING God-The Universe is not eternal, started at some point
- In the beginning GOD-First cause, no introduction needed, no explanation as to who God is, no temporal Creator, and Eternal Creator God
- CREATED verses evolved, this is Creation Ex Nihilo, from nothing
- The heaven= a plural word meaning three heavens, atmosphere, outer space and the angelic realm
- And the earth-The earth is so important to God that it is separated out from everything else in the heavens and mentioned it by name
- The narrative begins from broad to specific, right here.
- Three definite articles, which, when rejected, lead to utter confusion
(Nehemiah 9:6)Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.
(2 Corinthians 12:2)I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
(Genesis 1:2)And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
- The earth was....not became. Whenever a person who rejects the literal interpretation cannot do so in English, they resort to "in the original language that means"
- The "was without form and void is used to support the various gap theories by saying it became form and void due to judgment, destruction, etc.
- Without form, as in formless, featureless
- Void as in empty
- The first thing a person does if they are doing a sculpture is get some clay that is "without form and void" of features
- No light, a ball of water (the deep), which would have no features
- Just the spirit of the LORD Jesus Christ there
- God's light shines where and when He wants it to and can be withdrawn and withheld at His desire and will
- When something hovers, it is waiting to do something, such as a bee, a bird
VOID, a. [L. viduus, divido. Gr.]
- Empty; vacant; not occupied with any visible matter; as a void space or place. 1 Ki 22.
- Empty; without inhabitants or furniture. Gen 1.
- Having no legal or binding force; null; not effectual to bind parties, or to convey or support a right; not sufficient to produce its effect. Thus a deed not duly signed and sealed, is void. A fraudulent contract is void, or may be rendered void.
- My word shall not return to me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please. Isa 55. I will make void the counsel of Judah and Jerusalem in this place. Jer 19.
- Free; clear; as a conscience void of offense. Acts 24.
- Destitute; as void of learning; void of reason or common sense. He that is void of wisdom, despiseth his neighbor. Prov 11.
- Unsupplied; vacant; unoccupied; having no incumbent. Divers offices that had been long void.
- Unsubstantial; vain.
- Lifeless idol, void and vain.
- To make void; to violate; to transgress. They have made void thy law. Psa 119.
- To render useless or of no effect. Rom 4. VOID, n. An empty space; a vacuum. Pride, where wit falls, steps in to our defense, and fills up all the mighty void of sense. Th' illimitable void.
- To quit; to leave. Bid them come down, or void the field.
- To emit; to send out; to evacuate; as, to void excrementitious matter; to void worms.
- To vacate; to annul; to nullify; to render of no validity or effect.
- It had become a practice - to void the security given for money borrowed.
- To make or leave vacant.
(Genesis 1:3)And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
- There is no sun, so this light is from God alone
- All God does is say/speak it into existence, and it happens, with no need to actually do.
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. The darkness is only there to show features on something we see in the light, but darkness alone is an absence of light. It is not a particle. Light is good; darkness is not today, but here everything was good, because it was only a physical shadow, without morals
(Genesis 1:5)And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
- This is obviously the beginning of the rotation of the earth
- The word "the" is definite and used four times here for emphasis
- Use of "evening and morning" means a literal 24 hour day like ours
- Use of "first" (ordinal number) means a literal 24 hour day
- In 1900 occurrences in Scripture, 95% of the time the word day is used and means only a 24-hour day, or of the daylight portion of our typical day.
- The rest (5%) are things like "The Day of the Lord".
- The word "DAY" plus a number word is used outside of Genesis 410 times, and 410 times it means a literal day. Period.
- The words "Evening and Morning " alone without the word "Day" is used 38 times, and 38 times it means a literal day. Period.
- The words "Evening and Morning " with the word "Day" are used 23 times, and 23 times it means a literal day. Period.
- Fifty times the words "NIGHT" with "DAY" are used and fifty times it means a literal, twenty four hour day.
- The word "day" is written into the Genesis record and the rest of the Old Testament 200 times number words like first, second. In EVERY SINGLE CASE, not one exception, it refers to a literal 24-hour day like ours today.
- This firmament would have served many purposes, such as increased oxygen content, atmospheric pressure, greenhouse effect to warm the earth uniformly, prevent severe winds and weather from occurring
- When it was removed, the Flood occurred
In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
(Genesis 1:7)And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
- These would later have become the Flood waters
- Waters below=oceans, waters above= canopy of reserved water
And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
- This firmament was simply the major part of the first heaven, the atmosphere of the earth
- During the Flood this would have been converted into rain on the earth, and then our current cloud/weather system worldwide
And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
- Step by step God is making a place for mankind and the beasts of the earth
- Nothing is ex nihilo in the creation of the oceans, just a creation from water and earth that were pre-existing for two days now.
And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
- This probably would not have been one land mass, unless it was broken up during the Flood, since the whole idea of continental drift is not scientific, not based upon facts and data, not provable and not even logical
And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
- God lets the earth grow plants on that day from nothing to full grown plants, in a non-personal way of Creation without a "hands on approach", at His Fiat command
- This would not have been from seeds, but straight out of the soil.
- The seeds would have been in the ripened fruits, growing on mature trees and everything would then have an appearance of age, of having grown right
- "After his kind" is directly related to stasis of kinds, and refutes evolution and is still true and an unbreakable genetic law today.
And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
- No plant would be inedible, nor with stingers, thorns, poison, etc.
- Further preparation for the Crown of Creation, mankind-food
- "After his kind" is again repeated
And the evening and the morning were the third day.
- Repetition three times thus far of the proof of a literal 24 hour day.
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
- This is the heavenly bodies of the sun, the moon and the stars
- The Stars were to mark time like a well set watch, which they are today
- The moon marks the month, the earth and sun relationship denote both a year and a day
- The narrative continues on in typical Hebrew style with a broad account followed by the specifics
- This can be stated as, "This is what I did, now here is how I did it."
And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
- This would be, among other things, the introduction to the Creation of the sun and the moon
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
- The Sun is to us a star, but to God it is a special star, created just for the earth
- The moon is unique, not evolved or spun off out of the earth as evolutionists say
And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
- This placement may indicate a geo-centric system
- The plants created the day before now have sunlight to grow further, propagate and produce fruit
And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
- One more repetition of the "Evening and the morning" and an ordinal number, meaning it surely must be a literal 24 hour day
And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
- Again a special "hands off" making of water creatures and birds, but not really. This time He says He created them (v. 21)
- This firmament again is the atmosphere
And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
- Sea Creatures and birds, created from the water
- This is not evolution as is claimed, and the word is not in the Bible, no implied in any way, except in 2 Peter 3:3-10
- Everything is "after its kind" or "after their kind"
And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
- Fill is the same word as replenish after the Flood
- To multiply means more than two, which is only a duplication
- God says it is fruitful to multiply
And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
- Again, fifth time repeated the locking mechanism for a six day creation, young earth
And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
- This is both the wild and the domesticated animals (cattle)
- This flies in the face of those who insist that "man domesticated the animals" tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of years ago.
- This also includes dinosaurs, insects and all creepy crawlies alive today
And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
- After having created everything that could possibly hurt man, God calls it "good" still, indicating that these creatures were not dangerous at this time
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
- This creation is set apart in every way
- Animals are not made in God's Image
- Man is not made in the animals' image
- Man is only made in God's image-volition, intelligence, emotion, will, religion, self-awareness, love, etc.
- Man is also a tripartite being...having a body, soul and a spirit. The body lives temporarily, the soul is given by God lives forever, and the spirit is now born dead due to sin and only made alive when we accept the sacrificial death on the Cross, burial, and resurrection of the LORD Jesus Christ and are "born-again"
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
- Again, the Hebrew narrative tells us that Eve was also created on the sixth day, only God is not female
- The account of the creation of Eve is in chapter two, mentioned here as an account introduction only.
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
- Again, the command to multiply, and "replenish" which means to fill, interchangeably.
- Be stewards over the earth, it is yours, not belonging to the animals
- It is God's to give to whoever HE wishes
Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.
The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine: as for the world and the fulness thereof, thou hast founded them.
(1 Corinthians 10:26)
For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.
(1 Corinthians 10:28)
But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
- The fruit tree yielding seed is "after its kind"
- The command to eat meats was not until after the Flood, for man so everything, even dinosaurs, ate plants.
- The dinosaurs would have been among God's lawnmowers for sure!
And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. The command to eat meats was not until after the Flood, for everything and even dinosaurs ate plants.
- The dinosaurs would have been among God's lawnmowers for sure!
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. No death, no sin, no pain, no suffering Everything is complete with man so everything is now declared "very good" for the first and last time Everything includes everything and excludes nothing, including the spiritual realm of angels
- No mention of long ages
- No mention of anything evolving into other things
- No private interpretation is necessary, with a straightforward reading
- A ton of God creating things ex nihilo, supernaturally, from dust, from a rib, just by speaking the words "Let there be"-what power and glory!
- Complete stasis, after their kind (stays that way throughout all of history until now-amazing, hunh?)
- The word created, create, made, formed, etc. all throughout.
- Never changes throughout the Bible
- No death, destruction, fall before Adam.
- Everything is perfect, "very good" in six literal twenty four hour days.
- "Evening and morning", "first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth" literal days....