THE OUTLINE OF ISAIAH
This is the first chapter after the end of the judgment of the nations, and turns to the judgment of the earth in the Great Tribulation
- Chapters 1-35: All about Judgment
- Chapters 13-23" Judgment of the nations surrounding Israel
- Chapter 24-35: Completely future prophecies (eschatological in nature)
(Isaiah 24: 1)
Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.
(Isaiah 24: 2)
- Context is the entire earth
- This will be seen to also include Israel
- This verse is used by "Gap Theorists" to denote the "ruin-reconstruction theory" of Genesis 1
- It is inapplicable, since this context is judgment, not creation, found no place near these verses.
And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.
(Isaiah 53: 6)
- There is no bias against status, economic position, religious position, nothing
- This is equal opportunity judgment
- This is precisely because all are sinners, no exceptions
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
(1 Peter 2: 25)
(Romans 3: 23)
For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
(Isaiah 24: 3)
The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.
(Isaiah 24: 4)
- In order to start the Millennial Kingdom, one must sweep away the dirt and debris of the judgment of the old kingdoms of this world, now become the Kingdom of our LORD Jesus Christ clean
- Spoiled means retaking possession of that which was rightfully God's to begin with, won at the Cross.
The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.
(Isaiah 24: 5)
- Steadily and surely, the earth's old system and those who uphold it will be destroyed
The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.
(Isaiah 24: 6)
- The reason for the curse is in Genesis three, and the earth suffers from it
- This is the actual earth itself, not just the people and their people world
Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.
(Isaiah 24: 7)
- Destruction by fire. Fire completely purges filth, sin.
- There is always a believing remnant
The new wine mourneth, the vine languisheth, all the merryhearted do sigh.
(Isaiah 24: 8)
- There is no joy in man when judgment comes to man
- The longsuffering of God is ended; He must judge because of His Holiness
The mirth of tabrets ceaseth, the noise of them that rejoice endeth, the joy of the harp ceaseth.
(Isaiah 55: 12)
- No music, no celebration of life or anything else
- Most music today does not worship God, but celebrates man and creation
- But then, after the Great Tribulation, there will be new music, to worship the Creator, not the Creation
- The hills and mountains will sing!
- Even the trees of the fields will clap their hands!
For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
(Isaiah 24: 9)
They shall not drink wine with a song; strong drink shall be bitter to them that drink it.
(Isaiah 24: 10)
- No more singing due to drunkenness, no hard liquor on earth because of a bitter taste
The city of confusion is broken down: every house is shut up, that no man may come in.
(Isaiah 24: 11)
There is a crying for wine in the streets; all joy is darkened, the mirth of the land is gone.
(Isaiah 24: 12)
In the city is left desolation, and the gate is smitten with destruction.
(Isaiah 24: 13)
When thus it shall be in the midst of the land among the people, there shall be as the shaking of an olive tree, and as the gleaning grapes when the vintage is done.
(Isaiah 24: 14)
They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the LORD, they shall cry aloud from the sea.
(Isaiah 24: 15)
Wherefore glorify ye the LORD in the fires, even the name of the LORD God of Israel in the isles of the sea.
(Isaiah 24: 16)
From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously.
(Isaiah 24: 17)
- Destitution of fat; want of flesh; thinness of body; meagerness; applied to animals.
- Want of matter; poverty; emptiness; as the leanness of a purse.
- In Scripture, want of grace and spiritual comfort.
He sent leanness into their soul. Psa 106.
Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.
(Isaiah 24: 18)
And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.
(Isaiah 24: 19)
The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
(Isaiah 24: 20)
The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
(Isaiah 24: 21)
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
(Isaiah 24: 22)
And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
(Isaiah 24: 23)
Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.