Isaiah Chapter 11
And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
- Israel's first king, king Saul, was chosen by man, because the people wanted to be like the other nations around them
- David was chosen by God, because God wanted to be their king, thus the line of succession to God (Jesus) being the King of Israel
- Jesus Christ is both the root(source) and the outcome of the Royal line on the Throne which was established forever, which is why Jesus said what He said to the Pharisees in Matthew 22
- Olive trees are best propagated from cuttings, and they are virtually indestructible trees which, when hewn, grow back and produce fruit
- Olive trees grow in all kinds of soils, can take dry, desert heat, and are symbols of endurance, tenacity, fruitfulness, peace (the leaves)
- The dove Noah released to check on the receding flood waters brought back an olive leaf which it plucked from a branch, showing it was a survivor of the flood
ISRAEL, AND THE OLIVE TREE
And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.
For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease. Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground; Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.
For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches. And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree? For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
JESSE, THE THRONE OF DAVID, AND THE LORD JESUS CHRIST:
And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;
Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David, Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Booz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson,
While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.
1 Samuel 16:1
And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons.
And the women her neighbours gave it a name, saying, There is a son born to Naomi; and they called his name Obed: he is the father of Jesse, the father of David.
2 Samuel 3:10
To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah, from Dan even to Beersheba.
And Obed begat Jesse, and Jesse begat David.
And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
- Three sets of twos: ALL APPLY TO JESUS CHRIST
- Wisdom and Understanding, spoken specifically together only towards (Solomon,
1 Kings 4:29),(Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego, Daniel 1:20)and (the workers of the
sanctuary, Exodus 36:1)
- Counsel and Might (Isaiah 9:6)
- Knowledge and the Fear of the LORD
- The Trinity is here (the Spirit, the LORD, HIM(Jesus)
- Jesus Christ was totally led by the Spirit His entire life, perfectly
- Isaiah is the only prophet to mention the Holy Spirit by name, and that was done twice
- Wisdom, understanding, counsel-answers, comfort, help
WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING
Then wrought Bezaleel and Aholiab, and every wise hearted man, in whom the LORD put wisdom and understanding to know how to work all manner of work for the service of the sanctuary, according to all that the LORD had commanded.
1 Kings 4:29
And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore.
And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king enquired of them, he found them (Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego) ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm.
COUNSEL AND MIGHT
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?
And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
- This perfectly describes the man Jesus Christ and His ministry
- Jesus described outward sins, all of them, as coming from the inside (the heart)
And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?
The officers answered, Never man spake like this man.
1 Samuel 16:7
But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.
And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.
But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
- It is man's choice that Jesus say the word and heal, or judge and destroy
Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.
And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.
2 Thessalonians 2:8
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
- Reins is emotions
- The girdle is to cinch it in permanently
- Jesus loves us, faithfully, deeply, and forever
- A band or belt; something drawn round the waist of a person, and tied or buckled; as a girdle of fine lines; a leathern girdle.
- Inclosure; circumference.
- The zodiac.
- A round iron plate for baking.
- Among jewelers,the line which encompasses the stone, parallel to the horizon.
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
- The curse of bloodshed is lifted in the Millennial Kingdom
- The first animal to die was in the Garden, by God Himself
- The cessation of death of animals and by animals is also caused by God Himself, here
Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.
And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
- This is how it all started, as all creatures ate plants
- This is the OCR (Original Creation Restoration)
And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
- Serpents and lizards, safe again for mankind, even little ones
- The real force behind "the serpent that beguiled Eve" is also in prison for 1,000 years
Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
For, behold, I will send serpents, cockatrices, among you, which will not be charmed, and they shall bite you, saith the LORD.
And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
- Pain, destruction come from sin, and not knowing the LORD
- Never since the original creation week has the entire creation truly had the knowledge of the LORD, and this time it will be up close and personal
And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
EN'SIGN, n. en'sine. [L. insigne, insignia, from signum, a mark impressed, a sign.]
- All of the survivors of the Tribulation, worldwide, will enter the Millennial Kingdom, and multiply, growing to an old age
- For the LORD Jesus Christ, this long waiting period, enduring US and the enemy and sin, it is beginning to look a lot like eternity, perfection, a newer heaven and a newer earth (just not the new ones yet)
- The ensign is the Cross, in both the O.T. and N.T.
- The flag or banner of a military band; a banner of colors; a standard; a figured cloth or piece of silk, attached to a staff, and usually with figures, colors or arms thereon, borne by an officer at the head of a company, troop or other band.
- Any signal to assemble or to give notice.
He will lift up an ensign to the nations. Isa 5.
Ye shall be left as an ensign on a hill. Isa 30.
- A badge; a mark of distinction, rank or office; as ensigns of power or virtue.
- The officer who carries the flag or colors, being the lowest commissioned officer in a company of infantry.
- Naval ensign, is a large banner hoisted on a staff and carried over the poop or stern of a ship; used to distinguish ships of different nations, or to characterize different equadrons of the same navy.
And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
- His people is the Jews, or also referring to everyone on earth, now here as His people
- Pathros:located in Ancient northern Egypt.
- Cush: Also located in ancient Egypt
- Elam: Southwestern/Western Iran area
- Shinar: Babylon, Iraq
- Hamath: In Syria today
- The islands of the sea (rest of the world)
- Basically, the entire Jewish population will be called into there
- May 14, 1948, this begins its fulfillment
And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
- The Last Days ingathering begins in 1948 and has continued non-stop, since then
- This is all twelve tribes....NOT ONE WAS EVER LOST!
The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim.
EN'VY, v.t. [L. invideo, in and video, to See against, that is, to look with enmity.]
- The envy of Ephraim is all of their troubles this many generations
- To feel uneasiness, mortification or discontent, at the sight of superior excellence, reputation or happiness enjoyed by another; to repine at another's prosperity; to fret or grieve one's self at the real or supposed superiority of another, and to hate him on that account.
Envy not thou the oppressor. Prov 3.
Whoever envies another, confesses his superiority.
- To grudge; to withhold maliciously.
To envy at, used by authors formerly, is now obsolete.
Who would envy at the prosperity of the wicked?
Pain, uneasiness, mortification or discontent excited by the sight of another's superiority or success, accompanied with some degree of hatred or malignity, and often or usually with a desire or an effort to depreciate the person, and with pleasure in See ing him depressed. Envy springs from pride, ambition or love, mortified that another has obtained what one has a strong desire to possess.
Envy and admiration are the Scylla and Charybdis of authors.
All human virtue, to its latest breath,
Finds envy never conquered, but by death.
Emulation differs from envy, in not being accompanied with hatred and a desire to depress a more fortunate person.
Envy, to which th' ignoble mind's a slave,
Is emulation in the learn'd or brave.
It is followed by of or to. They did this in envy of Caesar, or in envy to his genius. The former See ms to be preferable.
- Rivalry; competition. [Little used.]
- Malice; malignity.
You turn the good we offer into envy.
- Public odium; ill repute; invidiousness.
To discharge the king of the envy of that opinion.
But they shall fly upon the shoulders of the Philistines toward the west; they shall spoil them of the east together: they shall lay their hand upon Edom and Moab; and the children of Ammon shall obey them.
- Moab=Jordan, West Bank, (FULFILLED) conquered by Israel in the 1967 Six Day War
- From Lot's incestuous relationship with his daughters
- Where Ruth ancestry was from, in the lineages of Jesus Christ
- Their god was Chemosh
- Bitter, longstanding enemies of Israel
- God called it His washpot (used to wash Israel)
- Moab is mentioned sixteen times in Isaiah, thirty three times in Jeremiah
- Edom (Esau): Bozrah, southern Jordan today
- Where Petra is
- Where the Remnant will flee to
- SEE Jeremiah 49
Thus dwelt Esau in mount Seir: Esau is Edom.
He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.
And the LORD shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod.
- This is probably the Euphrates River
And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.
- This is future, in the Millennial Kingdom reign of Christ