The main problem of Egypt was their idolatry. (Romans 1)
Verses 1-15: Fulfilled Prophecy
Verses 16-25: Unfulfilled Prophecy
EGYPT: PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE
- Israel: 2,119 times
- Jordan: 179 times
- Babylon: 265 times
- Syria: 256 times
- Assyria: 265 times
- Lebanon: 64 times
- Egypt: 646 times, 85 times in Genesis alone
Exodus 20:2 (Start of the Ten Commandments)
- Egypt represents the World and the flesh
- The Jews were commanded not to return to Egypt
- God spiritually called Israel "Sodom" and "Egypt"
- Abraham went there originally because of a famine in the land of Canaan (Genesis 12:10)< /li>
- Abraham told Sarah to lie and say she was his sister before they arrived there (Genesis 1 2:11-13)
- Abraham had Lot with him also then (Genesis 12:4)
- Israel was promised the land from the Nile (Egypt) to the Euphrates (Iraq) (Genesis 15:1 8)
- Hagar, Sarah's handmaid, was an Egyptian (Genesis 16:1)
- Ishmael married an Egyptian woman
- Joseph was sold into slavery in Egypt to Ishmaelites by his brethren
- This led to Israel being there for 400 years, starting with the famine
- Joseph married an Egyptian daughter of a priest, Asenath (Genesis 41:45)
- Joseph was put in charge of Egypt at age thirty, second only to Pharaoh because of Joseph's interpretation of the famine/good years dream (Genesis 41:41-45)
- Joseph was reunited with his father Jacob (Genesis 46:29) and his brothers in Egypt
- Ephraim and Manasseh were born to Joseph in Egypt (Genesis 41:50-52)
- Jacob requested not to be buried in Egypt (Genesis 47:29-30)
- Joseph died in Egypt (Genesis 50:26)
- Israel was in Egypt as slaves four hundred years (Genesis 15:13)
- The only man Moses ever murdered was an Egyptian(Exodus 2:12)
- Moses was considered an Egyptian (Exodus 2:19)
- Moses was the only one ever told to "return to Egypt" (Exodus 4:19)
- God first identified Himself to the Jews as a nation, as the God "who bringeth you out from under the burden of the Egyptians" (Exodus 6:7)
- Over a hundred times in Scripture it mentions God or Moses bringing the Israelites out of Egypt
- Before this, in Genesis, He identified Himself as a the "God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob "(Genesis 26:24, Genesis 28:13, Genesis 31:42)
- God later identified Himself in this manner when HE gave Moses the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2)
- The first Passover was in Egypt (Exodus 12)
- The law of the firstborn was initiated in Egypt, because of the last plague, that of the firstborn, confirmed by God Himself in Numbers 8:17
- The law of the stranger came from the fact that Israel was a stranger in the land of Egypt (Exodus 23:9)
- In the very first verse in Leviticus where God commands them to be holy, also the first verse that mentions Egypt, He identifies Himself again as the God that brought them out of the land of Egypt (Leviticus 11:45)
- The Law of Blasphemy was instituted (Exodus 24), the result of a son born to an Egyptian father and an Israelite mother
- Over and over and over after, the Jews wanted and asked to return to Egypt
- The Israelites were even known by their enemies when entering into the land of Promise as "a people out of Egypt" (Numbers 22, 23, 24, etc.)
- Egypt had many gods and goddesses, and the ten plagues were directed at many of them (Numbers 33:4):
- Pharaohs were themselves considered gods, so the attack on his firstborn was an attack on an Egyptian god
- Anuket (goddess of the Nile River)
- Hapi (god of the Nile River)
- Heryshef (ruler of the riverbanks)
- Heqet (frog-headed goddess, fertility, water, renewal)
- Bat (ancient cow goddess)
- Hatmehyt (the fish goddess)
- Heqet (frog goddess)
- Kek and Kauket (deities of darkness, obscurity and night)
- Meskhenet (goddess of childbrith)
- Bes (protector of childbirth)
- Min (god of fertility)
- Nun and Naunet (gods of chaos and water)
- Nut (goddess of the firmament)
- Panebtawy (the child god)
- Sebiumeker (Meroitic (area of Meroe, Egypt) god of procreation)
- Shu (god of the air and sky)
- Heset (goddess of plenty)
- Ihy (the child god)
- Geb (god of the earth)
- Khepri (beetle-headed god of creation, sun movement, rebirth)
- Sekhmet (lion-headed woman, goddess of plagues, pestilences and epidemics)
- Hathor (goddess of love and protection)
- Bat (the cow-headed goddess)
- Isis (goddess of medicine and peace)
- Im-Hotep (god, came from a real person turned deity, patron of science, wisdom and medicine)
- Nut (sky goddess)
- Shu (god of air and sky, associated with calm weather, cooling)
- Tefnut (goddess of water, moisture and linked to gods/goddesses of the sun and moon)
- Seth (god associated primarily with chaos, but also thunder, the desert, and an infertility god)
- Senehem (possibly beetle or even locust-headed, protection from ravages of pests
- Ra, Amon-Ra (sun god, creator god)
- Horus (sky god; whose right eye was the sun, his left eye being the moon)
- Min (god of reproduction)
- Anubis (dog-headed god of, and of the embalming of, the dead)
- The Passover, the Exodus and the parting of the Red Sea are two of the most significant events in Jewish history, still celebrated today
- The Feast of Unleavened Bread also came out of the captivity in/release from Egypt
- One of the names that God uses for Himself is "the God which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt"
- Each of the nine verses in Leviticus mentioning the land of Egypt uses this phrase, "the God which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt"
- The law of the firstborn was because God slew the firstborn of Egypt
- Egypt was referred to (for Israel anyways) as the "iron furnace"
- Egypt was also referred to (for Israel anyways) as "the house of bondage"
- God did His first set of major miracles before their eyes in Egypt
- Egypt is where Israel became a great nation
- Joseph and Mary were commanded to take Jesus to Egypt
- Alexandria, Egypt is the origin of the LXX, a spurious and error-ridden translation of the Old Testament into Greek
- The idolatry described by Paul in Romans 1 perfectly matches that in Egypt, then and now ("images made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things")
- Israel's sexual sin (whoredoms and lewdness) is said to originate in Egypt (Ezekiel 23:27)
I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.
For all the firstborn of the children of Israel are mine, both man and beast: on the day that I smote every firstborn in the land of Egypt I sanctified them for myself.
Because all the firstborn are mine; for on the day that I smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt I hallowed unto me all the firstborn in Israel, both man and beast: mine shall they be: I am the LORD.
For the Egyptians buried all their firstborn, which the LORD had smitten among them: upon their gods also the LORD executed judgments.
But the LORD hath taken you, and brought you forth out of the iron furnace, even out of Egypt, to be unto him a people of inheritance, as ye are this day.
And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
JOSEPH, MARY, JESUS IN EGYPT
And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him. When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt: And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,Out of Egypt have I called my son.
The burden of Egypt. Behold, the LORD rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it.
- Originally mono-thestic, the nation turned to idols of every creature imaginable, and still is idolatrous today, and dark
And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.
- This fight among the pharaohs was fulfilled during the life of Isaiah, causing the founding of the cities Thebes, Karnak, Memphis, etc.
- The failure of the leaders in the political and military realm
And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards.
- Their leaders were considered gods, but were reduced to babbling fools with no wisdom
- Divination, magic and spiritism were rampant, more so when people could not get answers from men directly
And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts.
- Ottoman Empire, conquered Egypt for a time
- Psammetichus, pharaoh at this time, was
THE ASWAN DAM PROPHECY, 2,700 YEARS OLD
And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up. And they shall turn the rivers far away; and the brooks of defence shall be emptied and dried up: the reeds and flags shall wither. The paper reeds by the brooks, by the mouth of the brooks, and every thing sown by the brooks, shall wither, be driven away, and be no more. The fishers also shall mourn, and all they that cast angle into the brooks shall lament, and they that spread nets upon the waters shall languish. Moreover they that work in fine flax, and they that weave networks, shall be confounded. And they shall be broken in the purposes thereof, all that make sluices and ponds for fish. Surely the princes of Zoan are fools, the counsel of the wise counselors of Pharaoh is become brutish: how say ye unto Pharaoh, I am the son of the wise, the son of ancient kings?
- Zoan, northeast corner, also called "Tanis" in history
- The "Lost City of Tanis" was in the movie "The Raiders of the Lost Ark"
- The Aswan Dam Project of the 60s fulfilled this to a "tee"
- The Nile used to flood.......that was stopped
- Nutrients were no longer carried to the seacost, so the fishing industry died as well
- The water is also less oxygenated, leading to death of any riverine creature intolerant of an anaerobic environment
- Crops which relied on the flooding for silt/nutrients failed
- The delta was no longer building up, bringing in nutrients
- Certain snails (bilharzia) were traditionally washed away in the floods. Now they stayed, multiplied and ate the reeds (boats) and flax (clothing) and all other main crops
- In addition, the snails carry a nasty parasite which transmits schistosomiasis, painfully cruel and deadly
- Without the flow, salt has increased, adding further failure to the crops
- FISHING, FARMING, CLOTHING, BUILDING INDUSTRIES-GONE!
- God mocks the engineers, counselors, advisors, designers and builders for all of this, many of whom came from Russia
- Much if not all of this disaster is outlined in a Congressional report, S3448
Where are they? where are thy wise men? and let them tell thee now, and let them know what the LORD of hosts hath purposed upon Egypt.
- As smart as the engineers were, apparently not one of them predicted the disaster that came from the building of the Aswan Dam
The princes of Zoan are become fools, the princes of Noph are deceived; they have also seduced Egypt, even they that are the stay of the tribes thereof.
- Professing themselves to be wise, they become fools
The LORD hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt to err in every work thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit.
- This is a major oops, the Aswan Dam Project
Neither shall there be any work for Egypt, which the head or tail, branch or rush, may do.
- The economy of Egypt has been destroyed
In that day shall Egypt be like unto women: and it shall be afraid and fear because of the shaking of the hand of the LORD of hosts, which he shaketh over it.
- The men and all of them in the country will be terrified at seeing the LORD work
- The Six Days War was an example of this, with Israel
And the land of Judah shall be a terror unto Egypt, every one that maketh mention thereof shall be afraid in himself, because of the counsel of the LORD of hosts, which he hath determined against it.
- Yom Kippur War...........this did happen to them
- Israel was ready to clean their clocks, surrounding them, before the U.S. (Nixon, Kissinger) stepped in and forced a peace agreement
In that day shall five cities in the land of Egypt speak the language of Canaan, and swear to the LORD of hosts; one shall be called, The city of destruction.
In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD.
- There is an upper and lower Egypt, separated by Giza (Arabic for "border")
- The Great Pyramid sits there
And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the LORD because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.
- Some or many pyramids have to have been built by Jews, in many cases, in their captivity
- The Great Pyramid is not a tomb, it is for astronomy/astrology, etc.
- A fiftieth of an inch precision over hundreds of feet, impossible
- Exactly North, South, East, West alignment
- Level: To within one inch over thirteen acres
- Some stones are fifty tons each, most two to thirty
- There are fifty four references to Pi in the Great Pyramid
- The mortar is of unknown origin, known chemistry but cannot be duplicated, is stronger than the stones, and is still intact today
- Aligned true north,
- The descending passage was aligned precisely with the north star at one time, the southern passage with Orion (assoc. with Osiris their god)
- Both this and Stonehenge are thought by some to be built by Shem
And the LORD shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the LORD in that day, and shall do sacrifice and oblation; yea, they shall vow a vow unto the LORD, and perform it.
- This has to be the Millennial Kingdom
- Salvation has come to Egypt
And the LORD shall smite Egypt: he shall smite and heal it: and they shall return even to the LORD, and he shall be intreated of them, and shall heal them.
- In order fore revival to happen, there nearly always needs to be judgment and humbling
In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.
- Who they shall serve is the LORD, during the Millennium!
In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:
- This again has to be the Millennial Kingdom
- Being a third with God's chosen people Israel means something special
Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.
- Imagine this in the Millennium!
- This will be for a thousand years!